Home Sweet Home

By HERVINA - May 26, 2018


Hi Everyone! now i just want to share about my food trip!  I went to 3 different places in Sumatera. For the first destination is Pangkalan Berandan.

Pangkalan Berandan is a small town in North Sumatera where was I born and the oldest oil mine in Indonesia, for more story you can read here.

This is a list of what I do and eat while in my hometown, I just take some picture that I interest in.



1. Mie Rebus Medan (Boiled Noodles with shrimp gravy)

I've tried 3 different boiled noodles and based on my taste this is the best boiled noodles. It  has balanced taste between yellow noodles, vegetables and shrimp gravy and when the abang serve boiled noodles  to us, he puts a bit of peanut sauce and it makes the shrimp gravy more textured.

Open hours: 4.30 PM and close when sold out and their fastest closes at 8 PM, so I recommend you should come early. Address: Jalan Sutomo, Pangkalan Berandan. Price: IDR 15K / portion    



2. Mie Aceh (Aceh Noodles)

There 2 different style to make Aceh noodles: fried and soup. My favorite always fried aceh noodles with a bit of gravy or not totaly dry, in bahasa I called it "mi becek". In my opinion the key of delicious aceh noodles is the spice paste. If it tastes good or balance, you want to make aceh noodles in fried or soup style it will be delicious too. 

Open hours: 7 PM - 3 AMAddress: Gang Pelita, Pangkalan Berandan (accross the Tugu Pahlawan)Price: around IDR 15K / portion



3. Durian (King Of Fruit)

I just can't leave durian from my food list while in Pangkalan Berandan. Mostly, durian in Pangkalan Berandan come from Sidikalang, Tigalingga, Pangkalan Susu and Aras Mesin. Sometimes there is durian kampung (village durian) or non-plantation durian, my sister said it's tastier than Sidikalang durian and village durian season in Februari and August. 

I get the durian in Jalan Wahidin, simpang tiga polisi / tangsi polisi, near bakso mas anto and they are open in afternoon. Price: I paid 140K for 3 durians.



4. Wisata Mangrove Lubuk Kertang (Mangrove Eco Tourism)

Sorry for the awkward girl in photo, btw that is me 😁. 

It's a quality time with my parents, sister and my handsome nephew. 

This one of the popular mangrove forest in North Sumatera, beside the place is instagramable but also very suitable to do family picnic or just take a brake from the hectic urban life to enjoy a nature, breeze and the green mangrove trees. The mangrove forest has a facilities such a parking area, mushola, toilet, seating and gazebo. 

Address: Lubuk Kertang village, Pangkalan Susu West Berandan subdistrict. Price: I don't know for sure the ticket price per person, we paid 17K  for 6 adults, 2 kids and 15 K for rent a gazebo (the price really pocket friendly).

This is another capture in mangrove forest.

The one and only nephew that i always missed

My life companion to be...😎








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 komentar