Fried Kwetiau

By HERVINA - March 03, 2018


Kwetiau is a kind of Chinese noodles in white colour and made from rice. Kwetiau is a popular dish in Indonesia. You can find this dish in street food or restaurant. As long as I know, kwetiau was introduced by Chinese descendants residing in Indonesia so that kwetiau now famous in Indonesia.

By the way, fried kwetiau is my 3rd favorite noodles (2nd and 1st favorite I will share next time). When I go to eat out to the street food,  I often order this dish without getting bored because I love the texture and the aroma of sweet soy sauce that caramelize on the noodles..it’s so yummy.. (mouth watering).

Ok..back to the topic, today I just want to share my simple way to get tasty fried kwetiau like street food style and in this recipe I use fermented minced garlic that I have shared last week, you can get the recipe here. Now let's move on to the recipe

Ingredients:

350 gr kwetiau
60 gr bean sprouts
60 gr carrot, julienne 1 mm
40 gr red pepper, diced 3 x 3 mm
10 bird-eye chillies, sliced
4 shallot, sliced
2 eggs
1 green onion, sliced
2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
2 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
½ tbsp fermented minced garlic
½ tbsp oyster sauce
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp white pepper

How to:

  1. Heat wok pan in medium to saute shallot, fermented garlic and the garlic oil of course (the oil give more taste) stir until change colour and fragrant, break the egg and scramble with garlic and shallot
  2. Add vegetables (bean sprout and carrot) stir until slightly cook then add the noodles, sauce (sweet soy sauce, chilli sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce), salt and pepper, stir until mix well
  3. Before perfectly cook, add red pepper , bird-eye chilli and green onion, stir and cooking done
For 3 servings

Happy Cooking Everyone...😄

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 komentar