Korean Cucumber Salad ( oi-muchim )

By HERVINA - March 10, 2018


Korean… what are you think about this country? I guess not far from K-pop, K-drama, K-makeup and K-food of course. It makes us want to travel to korea. Yes… they did manage to introduce the world about their country and culture as tourism.

By the way, I’m the one of those people who interested with this country too, especially with their culture and food like kimchi, tteokbokki and now my new favorite is the Korean cucumber salad.

Korean cucumber salad in Korean dialect called oi-muchim, oi means cucumber and muchim means mixed or seasoned.

This is a simple side dish that you can serve with BBQ and this dish should be prepared before serving to keep the cucumber fresh and crunchy. It's better if you use seedless cucumber (seedless means waterless) so your cucumber salad keep crunch last longer at least until your BBQ finishes 😁. You can adjust the spicy level to more spicy or mild but for me mild taste is enough.

When I compare with Indonesian dish, it sames like Indonesian pickled cucumber made with thinly cucumber, sugar, lime juice, sliced shallot and sliced red chilli. My mom often makes it as side dish to eat with chicken or fish dishes. So maybe I can called Korean cucumber salad as spicy pickled cucumber.

I think Korean cucumber salad would be my second choice, when I'm hungry and my complex side dish not cooked yet, just mix cucumber and seasoned and eat with warm rice…so yummy…

This Korean cucumber salad recipe is Maangchi recipe. As long as I know she has youtube channel, blog and cookbook. Mostly I learn Korean food recipe from her youtube channel before I know that she has a blog and cookbook too.

Let’s we jump to the recipe!

Ingredients:

1 cucumber
2 scallion, cut 1 cm
¼ cup sliced onion
1 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp roasted sesame seed
1 ½ tsp sugar
1 ½ hot pepper flakes

How to:
  1. Wash cucumber, cut leghtwise into 2 parts and sliced around ½ cm, put in a bowl
  2. Add other ingredients and mix well with spoon, serve in a plate
Happy Cooking Everyone...😄


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 komentar